Congregation and Degree Diploma

Currently, two sessions of Congregation will be held each academic year. In the First Session (held in May/June), all degrees will be conferred in absentia.  The Congregation Ceremony will only be held in the Second Session (held in November) but the graduates concerned in the First Session will still be invited to attend the ceremony.  Degree graduates will normally receive the invitation letter around September/October.  Details of the ceremony can be found at

After conferral of degrees, each graduate is eligible for ONE copy of the Degree Diploma and ONE free copy of Transcript of Studies. The collection details will be sent to graduates concerned in writing in due course. 

** Graduates of the graduate diploma programs and professional diploma programs will not be invited to the graduation ceremony of the University. Their diploma are issued in two batches every year - once in May/June and once in November. Graduates of these programs will be notified directly by the relevant program office on the collection details.


Collection of Degree Diploma and Academic Transcript

Before collecting the documents, graduates should settle all fees (e.g. tuition fee, medical insurance fee, library fines, etc.) and return all belongings (e.g. PRS handset, etc) owed to the University. At least five working days should be allowed for the clearance procedure. The Degree Diploma and Academic Transcript can be collected at:

Academic Records and Registration, Academic Registry
Room 1381, Lift 17-18
The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology
Clear Water Bay, Kowloon, Hong Kong

Monday to Friday  (9:00am - 12:45pm; 2:00pm - 5:15pm)
(Closed on Saturdays, Sundays, Public Holidays & some special days e.g. Christmas Eve (pm), Congregation Days)


Graduates may collect the documents:

In Person - Graduates will be required to present their HKID card / Passport upon collection.

By Representative - Representatives will be requested to present the form "Authorization Form for Collection of Degree Diploma and Academic Transcript", a copy of the graduate's identification document and the representative's own identification document to make the collection.

By Post - To request the documents be sent by registration service, graduates may submit an online request to ARR at